EQUIP, EDUCATE, SUPPORT
Equipping parents for natural childbirth through education and support.
Hello my name is Cheryl Anderson. I have been married for 36 years to a great man. I am the mother of six beautiful children and a grandmother of ten energetic little blessings.
One of the greatest joys of my life was having children. I love sharing my passion for birth through labor support and childbirth classes. I have attended over 350 births from homes to birth centers to hospitals and taught dozens of childbirth education courses. To me, every baby is a gift and each birth is a miracle. Seeing women empowered as they walk through pregnancy, labor, and birth is so exciting and rewarding. Watching parents hold their newborn for the very first time warms my heart. There is nothing more special than the earliest moments of a baby’s life.
I believe the covenant of marriage is between one man and one woman as set out in the Bible. I believe in the sanctity of life, that each life is precious and valuable. I believe all people are made in the image of God. I believe God partners with us in the procreation process of birth.
My desire is to help families experience a birth that is satisfying and fulfilling and therefore I align my services with Lamaze core values:
- Let labor begin on it own
- Walk, move around, and change positions throughout labor
- Bring a loved one, friend, or doula for continuous support
- Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary
- Avoid giving birth on your back, and follow your body’s urge to push
- Keep mother and baby together is best for mother, baby, and breastfeeding